Quote


The outpourings of one soul to an endless sea of others.


Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Life of a Christian Atheist

So I just finished "The Christian Atheist" by Craig Groeschel. I think the tagline sums it up pretty well... Believing in God but living as if He doesn't exist.

Each chapter confronts one facet of life in which Christians and un-believers alike live according to their own rules, utterly oblivious to the existence of The One.

As much as I'd like to believe that this story isn't mine, having been a follower of Christ for 17 years now, I must admit that I found reflections of my own thoughts, choices, and behaviors present in every chapter. More often than not, I live like I am the One. I know what's best. I am the center of my universe. And for someone who claims to want a life that is different, a life that is extraordinary, I am ashamed to admit how often I choose to live like God doesn't exist. I believe, just care too much about me.

I want to move into a life that shows in every way I believe in God and Christ's gospel enough to give my full life to it. So here are the titles of each chapter that I am committing to working on.

- When you believe in God but not in prayer.
- When you believe in God but still worry all the time.
- When you believe in God but pursue happiness at any cost.
- When you believe in God but trust more in money.

Read the book. Ask God to show you the areas you haven't yet released to Him. Push beyond the norm.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Stormie. I'll be praying for you. You are such an amazing example in my life of what it means to be a Christ follower. I hope that the move to LA is seamless and that you have an incredible experience while you're there! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete